3D printing is also calling adaptive production. In other words, it is the process of creating three-dimensional objects. There are using special equipment – a computer and a 3D printer. This technology has appeared recently and has caused a real revolution in the field of design and modeling.
The great demand for this equipment is justified by some significant advantages:
- Prototyping. This is an opportunity to design, manufacture and test an individual part in the shortest possible time;
- Cost. 3D printing is the most profitable production process, saving on expensive equipment and payment to professional craftsmen;
- Versatility. Each printer can create almost anything that fits its build size;
- Realization. The use of 3D printing allows you to demonstrate the product prototype to investors and buyers live, not on the screen. Viewing the product on the monitor can comparing to touching the prototype and feeling it. You can test a physical prototype, and if flaws are founding, the developer file can be modifying and a new version printed the next day;
- Availability of equipment. 3D printing systems are much more affordable, as a result, they can be used by a much wider range of people, than traditional production facilities.
So, compared to the huge costs associated with setting up traditional production systems, installation for 3D printing costs much less.
Due to these and many other advantages, the 3D printing process is used in many industries.
Especially actively armed with printers, those who are just planning to start their own business. You can use the printer to create anything.
Here are some ideas for starting startups:
- Animals as children’s toys
- Designer vases for flowers
- 3D printing in interior design
- Cases for mobile devices
- Eyeglass frames with 3D print
- Jewelry with 3D print
- Designer shoes
- Individual prosthetics with 3D printing
The main advantages of 3D printing are its speed, flexibility, and cost.
For small production batches, prototyping, small business, and educational use, 3D printing is far superior to other industrial methods.
Picture Credit: Unsplash